Joanne is a Senior Associate with experience in both boutique and mid-tier firms. With her trademark pragmatism and sensitivity, she’s a specialist in seeking practical solutions for clients with complex financial situations (including trusts, self-managed super funds and company structures). Difficult family situations are another area of speciality.
Legal areas of expertise
Wills and Estates including:
- preparation of Wills (Basic and Testamentary Trust)
- preparing Powers of Attorney, Appointments of Medical Treatment Decision Maker and Binding Death Benefit Nominations
- succession planning and advice for high net-worth clients and those with complex financial situations
- advising clients with difficult family situations including blended families, disabled beneficiaries, estrangements and capacity issues
- preparation of application for Probate and Letters of Administration, including complex applications such as proving informal wills, copy wills and Hertel applications
- reseals of foreign grants of representation
- estate administration
- family provision claims, both for plaintiffs and defendants
- estate disputes
- superannuation death benefit claims.
Joanne also has some experience in property and commercial law, including residential conveyancing and property transfers, co-ownership disputes, retail leasing, purchases and sales of small business.
- Private clients
- High net wealth individuals
Joanne is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and has participated in the Salvation Army Community Wills Days on a pro bono basis.
Outside of work, Joanne’s interests include spending time with her husband and son, craft and motorsport (you’ll regularly find her at a go kart track, either in the pits or in the canteen helping out).