Naomi joins our Private Clients Team as Head of Wills + Estates having worked in small, suburban, medium and large national based firms across her 20+ years practising exclusively in the area of Wills + Estates.
She has been a Law Institute Accredited (LIV) specialist in Wills + Estates since 2006.
She is a member of the LIV Specialisation Board and is currently a Co-Chair of the LIV Wills + Estates Specialisation Advisory Committee.
Naomi is a member of STEP and a regular instructor and presenter at the Leo Cussen Centre for Law for trainee lawyers and existing Practitioners as well as an adjunct lecturer for the College of Law Masters of Applied Law in Wills + Estates.
In 2016, she was awarded a Certificate of Service by the LIV for her services and contribution to the LIV and to the Legal Profession.
Naomi has also been recognised by her peers as a leader in her field by being included as a recommended lawyer in the prestigious “Doyle’s Guide” National Listings/Rankings for Estate litigation lawyers in Victoria in 2019, 2020 and 2021 and additionally as a recommended lawyer in the Wills + Estates and Succession Planning Victorian Lawyer rankings for 2021.
Legal areas of expertise
- Wills + Estates
- Preparation of Wills (Basic and Testamentary Trust)
- Preparing Powers of Attorney, Appointments of Medical Treatment Decision Maker and Binding Death Benefit Nominations
- Succession planning and advice for high net-worth clients and those with complex financial situations
- Advising clients with difficult family situations including blended families, disabled beneficiaries, estrangements and capacity issues
- Preparation of application for Probate and Letters of Administration, including complex applications such as proving informal wills, copy wills and Hertel applications
- Reseals of foreign grants of representation
- Estate administration
- Family provision claims, both for plaintiffs and defendants
- Estate disputes including Will validity claims and probate caveat disputes, removal of executors, rectification claims, cypres applications and executor commission applications
- Equitable and estoppel claims
- Superannuation death benefit claims
- Private Clients
- Small to medium business owners
- High net wealth individuals
- Trustee Companies
- Accountants and Financial Planners
- Executors, Administrators and Attorneys
Naomi is a member of the Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP) and the Law Institute of Victoria.
She is also a member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Specialisation Board and a Co-Chair of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Wills + Estates Specialisation Advisory Committee.
Naomi is passionate about legal education and is a regular instructor and presenter for the Leo Cussen Centre for Law since 2007 and an adjunct lecturer for the College of Law’s Masters Program in Wills and Estates.
Outside of work, she enjoys AFL Football (Geelong), Soccer, Music and raising twin girls.